Are you going to the prom? Chances are your friends have asked you this question since the first day of school this year. Prom or school formals are a memorable high school experience in Monroe, NY and the surrounding Orange County areas that many students look forward to attending. You will spend plenty of time finding the right thing to wear and focus on other fun details but don’t forget about your smile.
Dr. Jacquie Smiles offers prom smiles, orthodontic treatments and Invisalign clear braces for her patience in Monroe, NY to straighten your smile without the inconvenience or additional cost of metal traditional braces. We accept insurance, financing, HSA and FSA.
How to Achieve a Nice Smile for Your Prom
Remember your picture is going to be taken more than usual during your prom. First, you and your friends will be taking selfies and pictures all night and sharing them on social media. Then the prom usually has a professional photographer available to get more photos taken. Prom is definitely the perfect time to make sure you have an excellent smile!
- Invisalign – Do you need to get your teeth straightened? Invisalign is a popular teeth straightening option for high school students. It involves custom made clear aligners that gradually move your teeth into place. The average time for Invisalign treatment is six months to one year. Since most students know ahead of time whether they would like to go to the prom or not this treatment is easy to plan ahead.
- Clear braces – Clear braces provide students with serious dental problems to straighten their teeth discreetly instead of using standard metal braces that are noticeable. This teeth straightening treatment usually requires more than one year to complete so make sure you discuss the length of time with your orthodontist.
- Teeth whitening – Students are familiar with over the counter teeth whitening treatments, but professional in-office treatments are safer and more effective. Zoom! Whitening treatment is an excellent option and a quick way to professionally whiten your teeth with a quick visit to the orthodontist office.
Benefits of Correcting Your Smile for Prom
Here are some of the benefits of correcting your smile with Invisalign and orthodontic treatments for your prom:
- Boosted self-esteem
- Look great for your prom pictures
- You will feel more confident when you smile
- No more hiding your smile behind your hand
- Fewer headaches
- Improved bite
- Long lasting results
Planning Ahead for Prom
Prom and formal school dances are often scheduled around the same time each school year. Students have a good idea of when they will need to look their best in time for the prom. Some students go shopping months ahead to find the perfect formal wear. As a student that will be attending prom, you will need to plan ahead for your perfect prom smile as well.
Whitening your teeth can be done rather quickly, but you still need to plan ahead in time for prom. Teeth straightening options take at least six months or longer, so it’s best to plan a year or more ahead of time. A general rule is to contact your orthodontist as soon as you decide you will go to the prom. Your orthodontist will discuss your treatment options that will be finished in time for prom.
Schedule your appointment today to use your $500 OFF Invisalign treatment!
To learn more about prom smiles, Invisalign and orthodontic treatments in Monroe, NY, please call us at 845-782-4288 or schedule an appointment today. We are conveniently located near 70 Gilbert Street, Suite 202, Monroe, NY 10950.
Do I need my parents to go to the orthodontist with me?
Yes. Chances are your parents have dental insurance for you through their employer. They need to confirm their insurance covers specific procedures or they need to set up a payment plan with the orthodontist. Most orthodontists offer a variety of payment options to make it easier for patients to pay for procedures on time.
What if I don’t like the results?
Your orthodontist will provide solutions that will help you achieve the desired look.
What if I don’t have enough time before prom?
Last minute decisions to go to the prom are common among students. Discuss your options with your orthodontist. If you are in a rush and decided to go to the prom last minute, you can at least choose a teeth whitening treatment that provides fast results on the same day. Accelerated orthodontics treatments are also available which may take only about 3 to 9 months to achieve the desired smile you have always wanted.
Your prom will be something you remember forever. All of the pictures you will take will be cherished as you grow older and look back on your high school memories. You always want to look your best, and your smile is an essential part of your overall look.
Get started on your journey to a beautiful white smile. Contact us today!
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Schedule your cosmetic dentistry appointment today with Dr. Jacquie Smiles and her team of orthodontists and licensed dental professionals in Monroe, NY. Contact us today or call us at (845) 782-4288 to learn more. Our office located near 70 Gilbert Street, Suite 202 Monroe, NY 10950.