Cosmetic dentistry involves specific procedures that are intended to create positive changes to your smile. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), cosmetic procedures maintains the overall appearance, function, and health of teeth. Consumers often seek the assistance of orthodontists to perform a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures. Dr. Jacquie Smiles specializes in cosmetic dentistry for her patients in Monroe, NY and the Orange County area.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Whitening – Professional teeth whitening lasts longer and is known to be safer for your teeth compared to over the counter products. Cosmetic dentistry involves bleaching techniques, Zoom! Whitening system and other in-office teeth whitening treatments.
- Teeth straightening – A straight smile is easy to achieve with cosmetic dentistry. Popular options are Invisalign teeth straightening treatment. This impressive treatment takes less time to straighten your teeth than standard metal braces. It involves changing custom made clear aligners every two weeks until the desired look is achieved.
- Veneers – This procedure treats crooked teeth, chipped teeth, discolored teeth and can be used to cover small spaces between the teeth. However, veneers are most commonly used to create a beautiful straight smile. During this procedure, a thin porcelain shell is sealed to the front side of the tooth to form an overall straight smile.
- Bonding – Teeth that have been chipped, broken, or severely stained can benefit from bonding. This cosmetic dentistry procedure involves adhering a tooth-colored material to the surface which allows it to blend in perfectly with other teeth.
- Enamel shaping – This procedure produces immediate results! The dentist reshapes the enamel by removing or filing it to create an overall pleasing look.
- Crowns – Poorly shaped, chipped, decayed or gapped teeth can benefit from crowns. Custom made porcelain, or acrylic crown is made and fused with metal that helps with biting pressure.
- Dental implants – This permanent option is used to replace missing teeth. The titanium custom made implant gets surgically implanted into the jawbone. This procedure is designed to anchor an artificial tooth, crown, denture, or bridge.
We accept insurance, financing, HSA and FSA.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Some of the benefits of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Improved self-esteem
- Headache relief
- Easier to chew your food
- Straight smile
- White smile
- No more imperfections
- Improved bite
How to Choose an Orthodontist
Adults represent a high percentage of orthodontic patients. However, according to the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), children should visit an orthodontist by the age of seven to determine if any issues exist. Whether you are an adult or a parent, you need to choose the right orthodontist! The following tips will help guide you to the best one!
- Ask for recommendations – Contact your family and friends that live in your area to see if they can recommend an orthodontist.
- Search online – Conduct an online search for orthodontists in your area. Then make a list of the offices located closest to your home, work or school.
- Research your options – Visit the website of each option to learn more about their office and procedures. Verify if they are licensed, experienced and have excellent reviews from previous patients.
- Narrow down the results – Choose your favorite options and contact each one to set up a consultation. Once you visit each office make your final decision. Remember to confirm which orthodontist offices accept your dental insurance and have a variety of payment options available.
Common Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry
Can teens get Invisalign?
Yes. Teens can use Invisalign treatment to straighten their teeth. Consult with your orthodontist to confirm if you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.
Do orthodontists conduct in-office teeth whitening treatments?
Yes. There are a variety of in-office teeth whitening systems to choose from such as bleaching procedures and Zoom! Teeth whitening system.
Can adults go to an orthodontist?
Yes. Adults are the majority of patients in most orthodontist offices in the United States.
What if I don’t like the way my teeth look after the treatment?
Your orthodontist will offer solutions that will help you achieve the look you desire.
Will my dental insurance cover cosmetic dentistry procedures?
Consult with your dental insurance company to learn about the procedures covered by your policy. We accept insurance, financing options, HSA and FSA.
Cosmetic dentistry improves your appearance, boosts your self-esteem, corrects severe issues with your bite and helps you maintain good oral health. Consult with an orthodontist to learn more about cosmetic dentistry options that are best suited for your specific needs.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Schedule your cosmetic dentistry appointment today with Dr. Jacquie Smiles and her team of orthodontists and licensed dental professionals in Monroe, NY. Contact us today or call us at (845) 782-4288 to learn more. Our office located near 70 Gilbert Street, Suite 202 Monroe, NY 10950.